I get asked this question ALL the time! A (BIG) part of me doesn’t feel qualified to answer this question. I am still learning so much myself BUT for now I will try and share a little bit I know about starting up a blog and Instagram. Hopefully it can inspire someone out there to just go for it! That leads me to tip number 1…
- Just go for it! What’s stopping you? I know setting up a blog can seem pretty intimidating to someone that it not tech savvy, thank goodness my husband knows what he is doing, because I am CLUELESS!
- POST POST POST! Find your niche, and post on Instagram often. I would say once a day. Also, try and blog as often as possible. I know that’s a lot harder then posting on Instagram, so I would say aim for once or twice a week!
- Find your niche! My niche: cute babies (is that a niche??) My Instagram and Blog are filled with my family and babies. I follow some amazing fashion blogs, cooking blogs, photography blogs, etc. Find what you love and stick with that!
- Make your feed pretty. I know this one is debatable and it is for sure NOT a must, but to me it is so important! Find a edit you love, and colors you love and try to stick with those to make a nice coherent feed! (like I said, totally not a must!)
- Engage with your followers! Comment back to people, leave comments on other people photos, respond to DMs, be a real person! Be genuine and people will stick around and come back for more!