How to survive having a newborn and a toddler…
1. Drink all the coffee. Breastfeeding? It’s fine, they will be fine. Drink the coffee.
2. Turn the TV on. I promise your toddlers little mind won’t turn to mush. Disney Junior to the rescue!
3. Wear your baby! Get a Solly Wrap and wear the heck out of that kid!
4. Have people over! Nothing more important than adult human contact AND they will help with the little angels. 😇😳 (I say have people over instead of get out of the house because we all know that’s nearly impossible!)
5. BUT seriously try to get out of the house whenever you can. If not you will most likely go insane, and possibly not brush your teeth for like 4 days straight.
6. Get some easy lunch foods and snacks for both you and your toddler. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich all day every day! Throw a hot dog in the mix when you feeling fancy! 💁🏼
7. When patience is wearing so very thin, breath deeply and repeat after me, “only 3 hours until bed time, only 3 hours until bed time.” If there happens to be longer then 3 hours until bed time, like let’s say, 10 hours. I’m sorry, lock yourself in the bathroom and eat a row of Oreos.
8. Let’s touch on the hide and eat cookies thing. This is no joke; I hide in my cupboard atleast 4 times a day to shove a cookie in my face. Survival.
9. Don’t even try and get anything done during nap time. Sit on the couch and finally get a moment to your self. Your sanity is greater then a clean house. (I wish I could listen to my own advice on this one)
10. Take time with your toddler! When your newborn isn’t eating, crying or pooping, spend one on one time with your toddler. Just a few weeks ago they had mama to themselves ALL the time so this is a huge change for them!
11. Remember this is hard but it’s all so very worth it! Being a mama to my sweet girls is the hardest, best, sweetest and most rewarding job!